Being a homemaker/homeschooler means that we are a one income family. It gets tough at times but I how to do my part pretty well, save money when possible and spend it cautiously when you need to.
I do it several ways.
- Baking bread
- Baking our cookies and other snacks when I can
- Eating leftovers for lunches or making easy lunches
- Buy beef from local farmer (you can do this in the city or the country)
- Make two meals at a time and freeze the other for another night when life doesn’t work out as planned
- Easy snacks
- Meal planning and make a list when shopping
- Using a laundry ball instead of laundry soap
- Making household cleaners using vinegar and doTerra essential oils
- Using cloth towels instead of paper ones
- Using cloth napkins instead of paper ones
- Clothesline to save on dryer energy
- Buying quality soap and using a foam soap pump for soap dispensers
- Buying quality toothpaste so a little goes a long way
- Using the No Poo method
- Using doTerra Essential oils to keep us from getting sick
- Oil pulling
Look for more follow up posts on these topics over the next couple week!