Hubby LOVES cookies and he loves the chewy ones the best. No matter what I did I couldn’t make the cookies perfect. Through experiment I learned that the best way to get a really good cookie is to cook on a stoneware cookie sheet. I only bake on stoneware because everything comes out better on it. I actually don’t know why I still have my old metal pans.
First measure out your unsalted softened butter and sugar then cream them together. Once it’s nice and creamy add in your vanilla and your egg and continue to mix. In my house I use a handheld mixer, mostly because I don’t have a stand mixer and I can’t do this easily by hand.
Then add in your flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix together. I use a spatula to get it started and then use my hand to finish mixing.
Once all combined well dump in your mini chocolate chips and mix well.
I use the mini chocolate chips because you get more chips throughout the cookie and what is a bite of cookie without a chocolate chip in it?
Now take small chucks of dough and place them on your stoneware cookie sheet. I choose to make our cookies pretty small. No matter what you know you are going to want to eat more than one so why not make them small so you can eat 2 or 3 without feeling guilty.
Oh look at all those YUMMY chocolate chips in those cookies! Time to go enjoy! At least one since these aren’t THM approved cookies.
Ingredients:3/4 cup softened unsalted butter3/4 cup brown sugar1/4 cup granulated sugar2 tsp vanilla extract1 egg2 cups all purpose flour2 tsp cornstarch1 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt6 oz bittersweet chocolate chipsDirections:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl cream together softened butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix some more .
- Pour in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Stir in MINI chocolate chips.
- Break off small amounts of dough depending on how large you want your cookies and place on your cookies sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until your liking. The bottoms will cook well on the stoneware and be easy to take off your pan but the tops will be nice and chewy!
- Let cool on an plate or cooling rack until cool enough to eat!
- Should make about 4 dozen cookies!